Could not load feed: https://www.thamesvalley.police.uk/news/featured/?format=rss


The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead Planning Department (RBWM) are best placed to advise on the constantly-changing rules that govern the process of determining planning applications.

At the Town Hall one is able to make an appointment to meet the designated Duty Planning Officer without much notice. He/she should be able to give you all the guidance you need to conform with the latest local regulations.

For those houses falling into the newly created Conservation area, there are additional steps that need to be observed in relation to both development intentions, and any tree work. Owners of these houses should consult the Conservation officer as well as Planning, regarding their intentions before any work is undertaken. The houses involved in the new Conservation Area are those with River frontage, and Edwardian/Victorian properties on the West side of Fishery Road.
Notwithstanding the legal position, it is always good practice to discuss your plans with your immediate neighbours, and the local FRA planning representative.

One piece of advice that we would issue as a generality is that it is “your responsibility” to ensure that any approval received conforms with all regulations, not just those of the planning function. Highways aspects are not always dealt with by planning approval, so plans passed by the Planning Department my fall foul of Highways restrictions. Likewise, the Environment Agency should always be consulted about riverside development work, as they can override the local authority.

To look at planning details on neighbouring properties, you can search the RBWM planning database online, using either the address of the property, or the planning application number, as search criteria. The database is found using the following link: http://www.rbwm.gov.uk/pam/